To Team or Not To Team

 Coming into the classroom with the knowledge of having to do a quarter-long project, and not knowing many of the classmates on a personal level, I already had a pretty good idea on how to approach it. Doing the magazine individually, despite staying open minded during the “choosing” activities, seemed like the preferable course of action, and with more erudition adding up to this and hearing complaints from the teacher about others not doing their work, I was convinced I was correct. 

 The article “Team building and group dynamics: creating and fostering a culture of teamwork requires trust, collaboration, and accountability.” mentions that with trust, conflict, commitment, accountability, and results as the foundation, Kleindl and Leamon quickly developed the Organizational Capital Program. The six-month program establishes a common language for the team to communicate, standardize expectations to improve accountability, strengthen leadership abilities, and create an emotionally intelligent culture. With only about two months available, the lack of expertise in efficient teambuildingand no just relations, this would not be attainable, and let alone doing well enough to earn an A. In the article “Collective action: Collaboration, rebellion, creative dialogue: Surrealism as ideological defiance” I associated the phrase “Love, friendship, collaboration and the common good aren't words we usually equate with collecting art” with team work, and how we usually do not associate those words with that. Nonetheless, unlike in the article, I did not go on to explain how in the movement it was possible, because in short, it just was not for me.

 

 When researching a peer’s account on social media, despite the vast amount examined, I did not find a single one that matched my interests, capabilities, and ideas. As mentioned earlier in the post, although I could be able to get to know the few that interested and find a good working relationship with them, there simply isn’t enough time for me to do so appropriately, especially considering how it takes me longer than normal to open up to strangers. The Lost at Sea activity proved the sentiment as my ranking as an individual was better than if in a team. The Coast Guard’s rankings only go to support my claim that with time and a stable and well known team around, a group is feasible. The evidence and tests undergone throughout a couple weeks of time suggests that working alone is indeed the best option for me. With more time and some peers that I would feel confident about and with whom I could trust my personal grade with, I would choose the group a million times, but because of the circumstances I will not do so. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production 1- ”focus of your work”

Storyboard